Sunday 14 December 2014

Xmas sewing workshop

On Saturday,Jenny and I went to an Xmas crafts workshop at Tudor rose- There were 4 crafts on offer:
Xmas wreathes
baubles
fabric baskets
Quilted christmas trees

When we arrived (With bags of materials to use) the ladies running the workshop asked us which craft we'd be doing- And we replied "all of them" whilst looking a bit bewildered- who goes to a workshop and doesn't complete all the activities?!
They were laughing at us- we were the youngest in the room by a good 20 years- apparently the regular ladies just do one new craft and then go on a Tuesday to catch up whatever they didn't have time to do.

Well, incase you were curious, We did complete all 4 with excellent results!

This is my quilted octopus tree- and the craft I was the most excited about doing- it's a bit wonky, and initially I managed to cut my triangles really badly so ended up with bunting.
I think this ended up being my least favourite craft of the day- I enjoyed making it- I just can't see me making any more quilted xmas trees!




Although, it made a good hat.

The Baubles:




The baskets:
I also made bigger, bread basket sized ones- We now have a TV remote basket (For the 5 remotes which get lost round the front room)- I think I'll make big baskets for hampers next xmas and small ones for jewellery or little bits to keep them safe- this is a really handy thing to be able to make!






Xmas wreathes:
This was my favourite- but the one I was least keen on- I actually did this last as I wasn't arsed really if we had time or not- in the end, I'm delighted with my wreath and I'll probably make some of these as xmas presents next year.
It was time consuming and I have blisters on my fingers from pushing in pins- but oh, so worth it for the results!
And also relatively cheap- good for using up odds and sods of fabric which take up stash space.


On the way home we popped into sainsburys for hot chocolate and cake (Finest red velvet- we we earned it!)
We then decamped to the bedroom to carry on crafting whilst traff watched the final football scores and highlights (Norwich won, and scored 5 goals, he was really excited about it!) about an hour later he came in to see what we were up to, took one look at the mess turned round and walked back out!
I did tidy up, and it was just fabric bits.
Easily sorted!


Jenny also brought my glass from the fused glass workshop now it's been fired- how cool?!
All wrapped up now ready for other peoples xmas stockings- but I did keep some bits for my tree too :D


No comments:

Post a Comment