Wednesday 24 December 2014

Xmas eve

Today did not get off to a very brilliant start- I forgot that my alarm for work was still set for 6am- I hadn't heard it at Jay's because
a) My phone was 3 floors below my sleeping place
b) I forgot my charger so it was probably off already by Monday morning- and deffo off on Tuesday!

I now have a full on cold- complete with headache, bunged up face and cough- So once awake that was pretty much me done for.

Traff tried to go to Tesco this morning for milk and spread-but gave up having seen how crazy the car park was- he managed to get in a sneaky waitrose shop (Only dawdlers and old people- no crazy xmas shopping at 10am apparently) but he forgot to buy more Lemsip, So I was dispatched to town an hour later.
Wilkos was less crazy than I had expected.

On the way back through town I had a look in some of the charity shops and see if there was anything worth having- I got a black Paul Costelloe coat for £11 and 20 super retro 70s baubles for £1.
Bargains!



I spent the afternoon trying to fit all the new baubles onto the tree and reading a new Jodi Picoult book that Traff got for me- I'm not a massive fan but I did like "My sister's keeper". It's an easy ready. it'll keep me quiet over the festive period.
Traff made home made chips for tea- Which were amazing! They made Xmas lunch at his work yesterday and had loads of potatoes left over- They presented Traff with them as he was leaving because he's vegetarian so would appreciate a whole carrier bag of potatoes.
I'm reasonably sure it's not just vegetarians who eat potatoes- but I'm not knocking free food!

I'm listening to the Classic FM xmas requests show- trying to work up motivation to actually practice playing something this week- and enthusiasm for mass later.
I'm so tired and snotty I doubt I'll be awake at 11 to go to church, let alone awake enough to follow an order of service.




No comments:

Post a Comment