Tuesday 23 December 2014

Cafe Rouge & G&D in Oxford

After my last day of work before Xmas I headed into Oxford to meet with Soph, Ray and Abi.
This should have been an easy 45 minute drive for me- I know Oxford reasonably well and I I know the drive to Oxford very well.
My genius self thought it'd be quicker and easier to set the Sat Nav for the Abingdon road Park and ride- I just set it for "The Abingdon Road, Oxford" figuring that if I ended up at the wrong end of the road it;d be easy enough to fix.
My SatNav took me to Cumnor.
In the end I cut my losses and parked in the Westgate multi storey as I was the wrong side of oxford anyway and on the roundabout for Botley. I was convinced that the second level took you out into the shopping centre- So I was very surprised when the Second level thought me out in the mens loo.
It's Level 4.
For future reference.

I caught up with Ray in the Shopping centre- and she assured me she knew exactly where we were going- We ended up walking allllll the way round the outer perimeter of the Ashmolean to get to Cafe rouge- maybe we worked off some of our ice cream that way...
Abi met us there, and showed us the fancy gin shop next door- I know what Januarys pay cheque will be spent on!

After dinner we had a walk around and looked in some of the shops- I love going to the oriental supermarket in Oxford- It honestly has everything you could ever want.

We then met Soph at the Station and walked to St Aldates for Ice cream- I love G&D ice cream- my only complaint is that because it's fresh every day by late evening there isn't as much choice.
That said- 9/10 I can still get my 1st flavour choice so I shouldn't be so mean. Abi was gutted as they didn't have banana flavour- I had pistachio and hot chocolate sauce- I'm not sure I like pistachio ice cream as much as I thought I did- but it was still awesome.

We had a good catch up and ate waaayyyyy too much ice cream in one sitting.









No comments:

Post a Comment