Tuesday 23 December 2014

Wales

I arrived in Wales really late on Friday night- after my ice cream eating antics- All ready to be in Cardiff early for Alice's 2nd Birthday.
Getting up early enough was not an issue- Jay started hoovering at 5:45am because he was awake. We headed to Sah's early and had a chance to catch up with Sah and Dan before all their families arrived- It was lovely to catch up with Chaz, and Steph- as well as Sah and Dan's parents who I haven't seen in ages- Not since the last wedding!



Once Sah and Dan's was full of relatives, we decided to make our escape- We headed up to see Baker and Helen- and Bowser.
You can't see in so well from this angle, but he is a pug, not a wig.

We followed this up with a chinese and a million episodes of House.

On Sunday, Jay took me out for a spin on his bike- We chose a rubbish day really as the weather was much better on Saturday than on Sunday- I did enjoy the adventure once I'd gotten used to it- but I still think the car is the way to travel.
The wind is so noisy!
Not to mention the time it takes to put on all those extra layers of clothes- I thought I was going to die of heat exhaustion walking up the steps to the house afterwards!
We stayed in on Sunday- Jay cooked his speciality Pineapple pork- Which was very impressive and we watched more house.

On Monday we met with Sah and Alice in Cardiff- Jay had xmas shopping to do and Sah had birthday shopping to do- It wasn't crazy busy but I was glad we got the train rather than trying to park- It would have been a bit of a nightmare!
We were sucessful in getting everything we came for- and we had lunch in spoons too! They don't serve Cawl in spoons in England- I have to take every opportunity that is presented to eat this delicious national dish!

On Monday evening, Trist, Hayley and Dai came over to Jays for a mooch and a catch up- Trist bought 2 boxes of wine and drank most of them to himself. Which was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment