Wednesday 17 December 2014

Big Bang fair @ UoE

On Tuesday I attended the University of Essex's Big Bang STEM fair- And it was pretty cool!
I attended with reps from BigBang and from Set Point Herts so I had to try and look super efficient and people wanted to shake my hand quite a bit.
I even got to be on the VIP list!
Unfortunately this meant I had almost no opportunities for photo taking.

Prince Charles opened the Science fair at 11am- There was a huugggeeee police presence with riot vans and helicopters and lord knows what other secret policing activities.
I missed the arrival of the Prince of Wales because I was waiting for the STEM people. Boooo!

We did get to go and sit in on some of the activities- There was some cool stuff! There was an awesome activity from Colchester Zoo, looking at wildlife forensics with loads of examples of things which had been siezed by customs- turtle shells, animal pelts, tusks, skills etc and looking at endangered species and the impact of poaching. There was also an awesome workshop looking at the introduction of non native species for pest control. It was gruesome.
We got to see a "Gastronout" show- by some bloke who does kids TV shows- he was eating bugs and trying to get the kids to join in.
They weren't having any of it!

I got to see the bloodhound car- So that was exciting and a structure building activity run by the princes trust- which looked interesting.

It was a really inspirational day- I just wish Essex wasn't quite so far away!
And I got to have orange and cranberry cake for breakfast. Double win.



No comments:

Post a Comment