Thursday 4 December 2014

Villiers park & Cambridge

On Wednesday Lyns, Abby, Jenni and I went to villiers park (in the work mini bus- so it was a real trip!).
We were supposed to have 2 training sessions one on STEM in the morning and one on what the Villiers park educational trust can offer us in the afternoon.

Our morning session was cancelled, so instead we went into cambridge and did some networking for the morning.
We go to have a look round Kings college- that was pretty cool- Jenni loves touristy stuff like that, as she's from Ireland so it's all new!
I like her enthusiasm!







After the colleges we walked through the arcade and saw a shop called "tiger" it's actually a very cool german shop which sells household items- soft furnishings, crockery, kitchenwares- and kids toys, stationary and some interesting novelty items.
I now know how to say "fake dog poo" in german.

We followed this up with a trip to the Fitzwilliam gallery- they had a really cool exhibition on "silent partners" which used mannequins.
I think I will try and g back to see the rest of the installations- It wasn't Lyns or Abby's cuppa and I felt a bit of a freak staring intently at a load of weird mannequins whilst my colleagues started at me!

We headed back to Villiers Park for Lunch.
After which there was a very informative lecture, which I had to record on a pad of post-it notes a sI left my notebook on the minibus.
We got free mugs though!
Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment