Sunday 14 December 2014

Vintage fair, re-soled boots and final xmas shopping

Today I went to town with 5 aims:
1) Get passport photos
2) Get Traff's final xmas present
3) Get my boots fixed
4) Get a present for my god parents
5) Get tissue to wrap the fused glass in so that it can be wrapped up and delivered

Task 3 was really very sraight forward- I took my boots to timpsons and they resoled them for £20.
I always thought you couldn't re sole "bonded rubber" toot bottoms- So I have worn my last 2 pairs of boots down to holes through the soles then chucked them out- I'm a bit gutted actually as I'm reasonably sure my fly london ones could have been saved!
They just sand the sole down and put a new one on.
:D
So my £200 boots will last another year. Perhaps they deserve some polish.
They don't take long either- I left them at midday and picked them up at 3pm- I did have to have lunch in town as I didn't have very much to do- but thats not exactly a hardship- and gave me a good excuse to visit "coffee and art" which was nice. Pretty teapots.

Task 2 was a pullava. Traff and I set a £30 limit for xmas- and we both like useful presents- so I spent £20 on some things I knew he needed, and then for my final £10 had planned to get him a new wallet as his fake designer one from Malaysia broke.
I spent ages looking in TK max, top man, river island, debenhams etc but I really didn't know what he'd like!
Stuff like that is so personal- do you prefer zips or buttons? leather or plastic? brown or black? should it have a pattern? O_o
I spent almost an hour looking at wallets and then gave up and got him the new russel brand book. He'd been hinting he wanted that or some more aftershave- I'll just have to hope no-one else has the same idea now!

Task 5 was a quick nip into Clinton- which seemed to be under siege. I've never seen so many people in one shop before!
I will not make the mistake of running out of paper 10 days before christmas even again!

Task 1 needed £5 in change, so I went to the cash machine which is miles away. on my way I passed a craft fair which allowed me to complete task 4 with a rather nice hamper of preserves.
It also took me past a vintage fair....
I was so good and I didn't buy ANYTHING. And I was so tempted with a pineapple twinset.
I did take some photos though!



After being very good and restrained I went to get my passport photos done and pick my boots up- Then I had to come home and hoover up all the bits in the carpet from yesterdays crating extravganza.
We also had to change the bed.
Because I spilled pins in it!
We're like those people who sleep on a bed on nails.

I should invest in a very strong magnet.


No comments:

Post a Comment