Friday 23 January 2015

Women in STEM conference,London

The conference was at The Cavendish Conference Centre, which, if you ever attend an event there, it just passed the Landau hotel off oxford street.
If you get to the polish embassy you've walked waaayyyy to far.
Trust me.
The Cavendish Conference centre building is really cool looking, and it's got a roof garden with trees! The inside is all minimal and modern.. and purple! yaay!

The conference was really interesting, there were talks from DfE, STEMnet, IOP, The british aeronautical society, Nottingham university, and most of the London universities.

I now have an "action plan" with 40 bullet points on it in order to set up lots of exciting new opportunities for everyone at work- and I got to practice my networking.
I'm still rubbish at talking to new people but somehow it's easier over lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment