Tuesday 13 January 2015

Creme Eggs

Creme Egg controversy in the news this week- and all over an outraged buzzfeed- First they reduce the number in a box from 6 to 5 but charge the same and then they change the chocolate!
(Actually, perhaps the first controversy was selling them in January when Easter is in April, but who am I to judge?)

I've seen articles on the internet about this for the last week, and every time my interest has been piqued- Surely changing the chocolate cannot make so much difference?
(In the words of a Kraft foods representative "We never said it was Cadburys dairy milk chocolate, they're just Cadbury's Creme eggs- and we taste tested the chocolate and this is what people liked the best!")

 I had to go to budgens earlier for dinner provisions and they had Creme eggs by the counter.. I ummed and arred over buying one but in the end I did.
They have, until today been one of my favourite guilty pleasures.

This is my analysis of the situation:

  • The chocolate is very thin, and weirdly greasy- It reminds me of hershleys chocolate but not in a good way- A colleague once brought back hershleys kisses from a trip to New York and they had a weird, greasy texture. 
  • It doesn't really taste like chocolate. Or anything. It's just a hard, chewy shell for the fondant stuff.
  • I won't be buying them any more.
So, here are some alternative activities you can do with a Creme Egg (As frankly, I wouldn't bother with eating them):




No comments:

Post a Comment