Sunday 4 January 2015

The Saga of the new laundry basket

After spending yesterday in the house turning out cupboards, I decided that the order of the day was probably some fresh air and maybe a walk.
I spent a bit of my morning trying to convince Traff to join me for a walk into town- maybe even down to the embankment to see the ducks- He stubbornly refused to join me and started hoovering to make it clear that his mind would not be changed.

I got into town, took advantage of the Debenhams sale, and then realised I had some missed calls from the wifely one- I rang him back and he said he had decided that he needed some bits from wilkinsons.
By the time I caught up with him he had a massive purple laundry basket under one arm and some photo frames for his Norwich memorabilia under the other.
I got some frames- To make a start on my new years resolution to actually frame and look after important photos etc rather than trash them by blu-tacking them up and then regretting it.

After buying our goods we headed back out onto the high street- it was freezing and foggy and our huge shopping made our progress slow- I asked Traff if he fancied a pint, more to get out of the cold for a bit than anything else.
He always fancies a pint.
This was how we ended up going on an impromptu pub crawl along the high street with a laundry basket.

We started in the pub about 1:30pm and we finally left the pub nearest the end of the high street at 5:30pm- after which we headed to the kebab shop for a greasy pizza and chips.
We then took a taxi home.
We're referring to this incident as "Saturday night lite".

After dinner I framed up my photos before I lost enthusiasm for it, although I'll be honest after pudding in the pub and half a massive pizza all I really wanted to do was have a nap.



No comments:

Post a Comment