Friday 30 January 2015

So, how are your resolutions going?


1.   Stop dieting: Just eat more fruit and veg and drink a ton of water.
I had 21 lbs to lose after christmas to get to my "hospital recommended healthy weight" (I know, I should have eaten less take away food and drunk less gin! but it was gooood). I have not been calorie counting, I've just been eating better and walking more- and now I have 17 lbs to go.  I'm happy with that!
2.   Learn to reshuffle your schedule so you have more time for creative projects, and make sure you finish those projects.
You may have seen from my blog that I've been crafty- I made myself a watch and I'd been doing more photography. I made myself a 1940s style snood and I learned to crochet stars too!
3.   Pick a European city to visit this year.
        Sicily in February to visit Josh! I'm really excited to see him and Katie as it's been ages and we're having a 
        'Costa del Treco' reunion. It'll be ace. If we can just work out how to get to Josh's from the airport...
4.   Give more compliments.
I need to be better at this. I also need to be better at accepting compliments. I'm making a point of saying something complimentary to at least one of my colleagues every day. The up shot of that seems to be that they give me more compliments! We're making a positive working environment.
5.   Meet up with friends more often- Try not to go more than 6 months without seeing someone you care about.
January has been a good month for friends- I saw most of the Cardiff people- I only missed out on seeing Beca as she was still in NZ. I need a trip to Oxfordshire soon I think, and to Bristol.
I know it's not strictly meeting up, but I've made a point to message people more often and to reconnect with friends I hadn't spoken to in a long time- I'm making a start!
6.   Clear out all the clutter in your home
I've de-cluttered the house to the tune of 2 bags- De cluttering was a major theme in 2014, and needs to remain a major theme if we're planning to move! I'm not paying for a removals lorry for thinsg we don't even know we bloody well have or don't use/need!
7.   Try a food you’ve never eaten before.
Delicious polish cheese! :D
8.   Frame treasured photos, letters and keepsakes.
I have finally framed the photos from the family photo shoot, my AS photography dark room images and Hayley's xmas card she made for us last year- So that's a good start but still plenty of things to keep safe!
9.   Treat your parents to dinner.
I have arranged to do this for my Mum's Birthday on the 8th February after we go and see the Lion king. I feel like a proper grown up.
10.       Walk to places more often.
I've walked to work 4/5 days a week this month (Mondays I stay late and drive to brownies, so I can't walk)- I've also had my epic walks from Bromham and to Wilstead and a few other photography walks this month. I'm making a point of going out and walking more, even if it is dark and cold!
11.       Learn to use Excel properly.
 I have not started this yet... It's probably my most urgent resolution and the one I'm the very least keen on. urgh. Excel. I did learn how to make it do my calculations for me, And I've learned how to hide the columns and export my data so that I can edit it so I'm making slow progress here!
I have been offered training at work so fingers crossed this will be met soon.
12.       Invest in matching underwear.
         I haven't done this yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment