Saturday 17 January 2015

Looonnngggg walk

I normally walk to work- it's a nice calming way to start the day and gives me a chance to get some exercise and mull things over in my head before I have to get started on my day properly.

The older I get the more I feel like I am becoming a morning person (Although, I have to say I'm not always the most awake at 6am).
I feel accomplished at the moment as I am usually at work before dawn. I know it's only because the Earth is on a "Wobble" and it's darker much later in the mornings at this time this year than it was last year.

On Friday morning I was supposed to drive to work because I had an appointment in the afternoon.
I got to work and then realised I'd forgotten something. The car.
Luckily one of my colleagues offered me a lift to my appointment (Via budgens for bacon frazzels and M&Ms for Traff) so that was my massive stress over with.

I was looking forward to walking home.
I planned my route to give me as much countryside as possible, and as soon as was possible got off the main road and followed a footpath into a field- I must have looked quite funny with my nice boots and work clothes on, ankle deep in mud with grass up to my knees.
I asked a guy who was walking his dogs if I was heading the right way and he confirmed that I was.
He also expressed concern that I planned to walk through a small area of woodland and offered to walk me as far as the main road. Bless him, I turned down his kind offer and did make it out of the woods just fine!
I also stopped to take in the views- Beautiful.
Certainly worth braving the cold for.


I also got whistled at by construction workers- One of them said he loved me.

As I got into town I tried to call Traff (who was at work) to see if I could drop off his M&Ms- He managed to swindle a break so we went to the pub for some cups of tea and a mooch. It was really lovely to see him as I wasn't expecting to.

I have also discovered the most amazing cheese! get ye to the Polski Sklop.
You have to try this!







No comments:

Post a Comment