Thursday 1 January 2015

2014 survey


1. What did you do in 2014 that you had never done before?
I visited Malaysia,  learned to crochet, Tried my hand at Glass fusion and sewing from some pretty tricky patterns.

2. Did you keep your new years resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I have made 12 resolutions for 2015- that is one new thing to try and do/ to work on every month of the year. 


1) Try to eat vegetarian at home- I do struggle with my will power when eating out- but at home it wouldn't kill me to up my veggie intake.

2) Learn some Malay- I don't expect to be fluent by next year but I'd like to be able to greet people or order something!

3) Keep going with the healthy diet and lifestyle stuff (Keeping number 1 will greatly help with number 3!).

4) Keep in touch better with old friends- I never moved back to my hometown after university, and I went to College instead of 6th form as I couldn't take any more of the Girls' School- So I've definitely drifted.
This year will mark 10 years of finishing Secondary school. So I guess it's now or never...

The only one I failed at number 2- but I did put the CD on the computer so sometimes when I'm listening to Itunes I get random learning malay tracks...


3. How will you be spending your new years eve?
We went out for dinner- then came home and played retro sega games until the midnight fireworks were on the TV! in fairness, we had thought Traff was at work on new wears day so hadn't planned anything- we only found out on the 30th that he was off.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully no.

5. What countries did you visit?
Malaysia and Germany- and Wales, of course.

6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More travel! And more weekends with my friends- I've managed to get to Wales once a month for the whole year- which is pretty good- now I just need a system for Oxfordshire too! going up to Wales means I get to pop i and see my parents on the sunday on my way back too- so that's been really good to see them a bit more.

7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory and why?

I've done so much cool stuff this year I can't name one specific date- this has been a good year- probably our best year in Bedfordshire- and the best for seeing people since we've moved- we're getting there!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Taking up kick boxing, Getting a promotion at work- all good stuff! I'm proud of myself for my commitment to work, but also for managing a teeny bit of work life balance- Something for me to continue to work on in 2015.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I'm not sure I had any "failures"- not anything that was such a complete disaster I couldn't learn from it- probably the number of nights I've left work at 7pm or later this year! but it paid off, so I can't complain too much.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
yes, but I've been on the mend for a while now- long may it continue!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Guitar hero! soooo many hours of joy and pleasure. and shouting. lots of shouting.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Our Malaysian holiday- but it was money very well spent as we had an awesome time, and got to see Randi and Stu too.

13. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Warpaint- Baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AedHv7geXcU

14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Chilling out at home. I get to carried away with "making the most" of my time that sometimes I forget that just having a quite weekend at home with no plans and a lie in is pretty therapeutic.

15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Less paperwork and late nights for work!

16. What was you favourite TV programme?
Sons of Anarchy- we neet to get on with watching it! we're on season 3 so no-one is to ruin it for me- I really want to see the new season with Courtney love and Marilyn Manson in.

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I don’t hate anyone, it's a massive waste of energy.

18. What was the best book you read?
Longbourn! it's the story of pride and prejudice told from the servants point of view- Pandering to my complete love of pride and prejudice. :D

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AedHv7geXcU
Courtesy of Tristrum.

20. What was your favorite film of this year?
Transformers! Optimus prime! 

21. What did you do on your birthday?
Drank too much wine and went paddle boarding. A really nice chilled out few days with mates and with Traff was just was I needed after a crazy few weeks at work. 

22. What kept you sane?
Tea. Traff. Tristypants, Hayley, Jay, Kirstie, Sah, Good music. Paddle boarding (Floating about on a lake is very de-stesssing), Kick boxing...
..and Cake when all else failed. 

23. Who did you miss?
I miss all my friends who live far away :( Realistically, we probably spend more "quality time" together because of the distance- but it would be nice to be there for my friends a bit more in person, and it'd be nice to be able to have a cup of tea and unwind rather than spending whole evenings glued to my phone or FB messenger.

24. Who was the best new person that you met?
Jenni, who is my new work colleague. 

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson that you learned in 2014?
Don't leave your debit card in the petrol pump?


I have no idea what the year 2015 will bring but I hope that with a positive attitude and determination it will be a great year. I am excited for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment