Friday 2 January 2015

Weird meals & fish eye photos

After yesterday's lack of any kind of activity- I honestly spent the whole day watching TV, mooching on facebook and texting people- Today needed to have some kind of productivity. For my sanity.

Easy starter- We actually went food shopping. Since christmas we've been on "weird meals"- This is usually what happens at the end of the month when no-one's been paid yet and you end up eating dubious food combinations because that's what there is in the freezer.
We've been on the weird meals because we had loads of food left over from christmas- so no space to put the shopping- but also nothing that really went together. My personal highlight was eating hula hoops and stilton because we were out of crackers. I'm proud of that combination. On new years eve we had roasted vegetable wraps- which sounds awesome expect the main component of the roasted vegetables was potatoes!
Ah well, I'm not against double carbing and some of the combinations have been delicious.
However, I will be grateful to eat normally again now... well, for the next 2 weeks at least..

We went to the massive tesco because we needed to get some food for no-legs. Buying fish food was the whole reason we went shopping- whilst we are happy to eat left over rice wrapped in omelette or curly fries for breakfast, He's not so easily fobbed off with frosties.

I also got boot polish. I've been meaning to sort out my boots for ages. I was shamed last month when I got them resoled and was all pleased with myself for making them last longer, the guy in the cobblers was like "You know, You could try polishing them and they'd last an awful lot longer". I hadn't noticed how scuffed they'd gotten- I supposed I wear them every day and they get scruffy gradually.
So, polish done, I thought now would be a good time to proof them- Ignoring all the warnings about ventilation and death- I always proof my boots in the bathroom because we live in a flat.
This is a 3 monthly ritual now- I spray proofer liberally on my boots, it gets everywhere and all over the floor, I shout to Traff to "be careful because the bathroom floor is super slippery" then I go back into the bathroom 5 minutes later, forgetting the floor is now an ice rink and go arse over tit.
My pride may be damaged, but my boots and the lino in the bathroom are delightfully shiny and water repellant.
All ready for work on Monday.
I have also packed my bag with my lunch/snacks for the 1st week back. And sorted out my work clothes box so that I can easily dress myself on Monday. At 6am. In the dark. bllerrggh.

Traff's back at work today and on nights so he went for a nap in the afternoon. I took the hint and went out for a walk so that he could get some uninterrupted shut eye.
I took my camera and had another go at fish eye photography. I think when I take photos with normal or wide angle lenses I can usually get something I'm happy with (I mean, when I go out with the express intention to take a certain photo or set of photos, not so much just a quick snap to show something on FB or on here)- I'm ok at composition and light and ISO values and shutter speeds, I get them (admittedly not always first time). I cannot seem to get my head around the fish eye lens.
I also handicapped myself further by leaving my glasses by the fish tank.
Some of my photos have come out pretty well considering- I can't take any credit for them, It's sheer luck (Especially as I couldn't really see what I was photographing very well).

So, here, for your enjoyment and perusal are my fish eye roulette photos:
(I did better than last time, when I just followed Traff about taking photos which made his bum look massive- So I'm improving!)






After my mooch around outside I came home and put dinner on. Traff went to the shop before I was up this morning and got potatoes so that we can have jacket spuds for tea- I swear one of them is the same size as my head so it may need a few days to cook properly. When he said they'd need more than 2 hours I thought he was winding me up.
Whilst I'm pretending to be a responsible adult and make dinner, I plan to read a bit more of my book Abi bought me for xmas.
Fanny and Stella by Neil McKenna
Fanny-stella
It's pretty good- A much easier read than I was expecting and far more light hearted. I will be attempting to get the phrase "The bum slap polka" into normal conversations.
It wouldn't usually have been my choice of book- Abi and I both had a bit of a victorian obsession. If it was a Venn diagram- her circle is sex as taboo, childbirth and women's issues. My circle would be attitudes to death, fashions and eccentricity - with the middle bit being attitudes to Women and Womens' history. Normally my remit does not include drag queens.
I may have to start to make an exception.

Anyway, Here is my soundtrack to cooking potatoes and reading about sodomites:







No comments:

Post a Comment