Sunday 14 June 2015

Project bags

Today I made 3 more project bags from fabric scraps to keep my crochet projects in- and it makes my front room look a whole lot more tidy!
No more sandwich bags and raining miles of yarn for me!
:)

I'm using the big spotty bag to hold my massive autumnal colours blanket and all the yarn I'll need to finish it- It's such a big project that it's taking a long time, by leaving it out I remember to do a few rounds when I'm watching TV but the yarn was starting to get unravelled and dusty so hopefully this will keep it a bit cleaner.

The flowery bag (I know, it's so ugly! Jen and I bought that duvet cover to make up a toile for a 50s style dress- it's vile!) is for squares.
When I finish a ball of yarn and there a bit left over I make double knit 4 round granny squares. I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet but I have loads.

The pumpkin bag (I bought that fabric when I was about 14 to patch and flare a pair of jeans) has all my tatting stuff in it- Tat's and I have been doing tatting lately as a way to practice new stitches- it was originally a way for the lower classes to recreate the lacework they couldn't afford but was fashionable with the rich- usually it's done with a very thin cotton thread, but I'm using a 5mm crochet hook and double knit and making some interesting things!



No comments:

Post a Comment