Sunday 21 June 2015

Hayley's Skirt

In return for my parcel of goodies I decided to make Hayley a skirt as a surprise.
This was a much be easier idea in theory than in practice but I can safely say that I am very happy with my finished article! I'm really pleased that I did it as I feel very accomplished and I'm fairly sure she'll love it!

It's made from fabric we bought when we went to the xmas market it Bargoed- I used a bit of it for a christmas crafts workshop but then decided it was too pretty to use up on odd and sods.

I had to fit the zip by hand- and afterwards I realised how to do a hidden zip- as it's well hidden on the inside! I think I may need more practice but for my first ever solo attempt I'm pleased with it.

 The front view:

On my blue silk skirt I messed up the waistband, it made a mistake almost in the middle of the front and you can clearly see it, so this time I was super careful and I think that looks pretty pro! even if I say so myself!

I'm hoping to get Jay to deliver it next week, so it won't get lost in the post! and I hope that she likes it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment