Sunday 28 June 2015

Cardiff- No Fit State circus- Bianco

I started off my in Didcot, I caught up with Sophie and had a mooch around the town- I got a new dress for £3 from a charity shop! It's navy blue jersey with a print of stately homes and dogs on it. It's also a size 10, which says more about sainsburys vanity sizing than about my current size!

I picked Kirstie up at midday and we drove down to Cardiff, we started our weekend away with ice cream from Cadwalders in the bay- I had sticky toffee pudding flavour! It was lush! We walked round the bay and saw the senedd, pierhead house (We went inside!) Norwegian church and obviously the awesome views.
 The Pierhead is the red building in the photo- it's been turned into a museum and downstairs they had a cinema running a film about the history of the bay- with these awesome cushions! I need some welsh language home wares! I also have a real love for the herring bone tiles in the fireplace.




 After we'd been to the bay, Kirstie and I checked into the hotel to ditch our stuff and then we headed on to city road. We went to islamic relief but I resisted the urge to buy a sari, and then we went to Mligis. This is my excitement about a coconut daquiri served in a jelly dish- We need more jelly dishes to serve cocktails in! This is genius! I really love Milgis for cocktails.


After drinkies and dinner in Pepe's El Pasos (Chimichangas and Sangria! Pepe's is amazing I think it's my favourite place to eat in the whole world- and where I had my graduation meal with my parents- It's cheap, Quirky and really delicious) We headed back to the town centre to watch the show, it was in a "big top" on Bute street.
The show was incredible (Kirstie, you have the best taste in Circuses!) The audience is standing, and you are asked to move around depending on where the performance is taking place- initially this annoyed me, but actually by the end I enjoyed the opportunity to move and get a different view. It's brilliant- I'd go and see more of their shows and I'd have been happy to have seen that show again- I feel like if you stood in a different place you'd have a different experience. It's so clever and engaging.





On Sunday Morning we met up with Sah and went for coffee in "A shot in the Dark" on City road- We had planned to eat our own weight in pancakes in AJs but it wasn't open :(
We experimented with syrup shots in our coffee- I tried coconut- which made the coffee not taste like coffee or coconut, it took the bitterness out. very weird, I also tried butterscotch, which was much nicer!

No comments:

Post a Comment