Thursday 25 June 2015

Pintesting & Milkshakes with Abi

Today I had to go to the hospital for a series of blood tests to check the function of my adrenal glands. This was a bit of a rude start to the day at 8:30am- on arrival I had to be swabbed for MRSA (including the inside of my nose!) which was alarming and then be stabbed full of holes which made me far more awake that I'd have liked, but once they were done I had a reasonable chunk of the day left to do something interesting with.
The ward was interesting at least, as we were there for most of the day it gave us something to discuss- it was the old victorian childrens' ward and had tiled images of different nursery rhymes. I had the bed under goosey gander. It gave us a conversation starter at least and it transpired that Traff thought the nursery Rhyme was "hairy mary quite contrary".
http://www.bedfordhospitalcharity.org.uk/rhymesreasons
We walked back from the hospital as it was a really nice day, and as suggested by the nurse we went and found some iron rich foods for breakfast. I don't think I've eaten a greasy spoon cheese and bacon burger for breakfast since I was an undergraduate student! Delicious!

I was recently introduced to pinterest, so I thought I'd have a go at a few pins- Only using the contents of the craft cupboard so I was a teeny bit limited, and I wasn't really feeling up to heading back out to pick up anything else- so we're very much in cardboard and wool territory.

I tried making a woven bowl using a cardboard frame:

I didn't have any pins I was willing to lose to a craft so I made a hybrid of the pin and a cardboard frame I'd see sold in hobbycraft- I'm sure this could have been improved by being a bit more careful and actually measuring the distsnace between the posts.





And I made a pompom garland:
 The original post suggests wearing it as a scarf, but it's a bit to itchy and lumpy- I've decided to use mine to decorate the headboard.


In the evening I met with Abi as she was in town for some research for work- We had intended to be very grown up and go for coffee, but we ended up going for milkshakes- the ones where they blend sweets with ice cream and milk. :D
Not so classy, but deffo more inkeeping with the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment