Tuesday 9 June 2015

Paddle boarding

It was a late one today 7:30-9pm, we got on the water as the sun was getting low, and the swallows and house martins were feeding on the insects just above the water around us.
That was a pretty cool experience!
I also saw the swans nesting- they've fished their nest now so they can hatch their eggs- it's on the left side of the island - we'll have to remember to stay away unless we want a swan to the face.
I wish I had taken the camera if I'm honest, but it would have impeded my paddle progress.

It was windy, and therefore quite a good work out, but in the wind shadow on the right of the lake Emma taught us step back turns.
I fell in.
and turned the board over trying to get back on- so fell in again by default.

I'm impressed she's still paddling as she's only got 6 weeks to go until she has her baby! She had take her own wet suit from a rash guard top and cutting the legs off an old wet suit to make trousers. a creative solution.
They worked well, until she tried to teach us how to Bondi race.

I have to now concede that the blue wetsuit I wear most of the time is too big, it's a 14 and really I should wear a 12- but it's a biiiig 14, all stretched and comfy. Like paddle boarding pyjamas. When I fell in, it filled up completely with water and where my boots stopped the water escaping I looked like I had elephantiasis of the legs. I had to empty the water out before I could go and have a shower.

Heres and oldy from the Brogborough site though- I didn't realise I was on there! This must have been taken about a year ago at my SUP taster day.
Check out the ninja turtle shorts.
:D


No comments:

Post a Comment