Wednesday 17 January 2018

Pineapple for day improvement.

Today has not been my favourite day of 2018 so far.

There is some back story here:
On the 27th (with my gin induced malay book buying evening hangover still truly present) I had to get my yearly thyroid level blood test.
Fine. It was horrible, because I was dehydrated but it wasn't painful or traumatic. Sorted for 12 months... or so I thought.
Got a phone call 2 days later- all fine, prescription ready to collect.
Got a letter 7 days later 'blood test needs to be repeated'.

Slightly conflicting.

I called the doctors. The receptionist doesn't know but apparently it's urgent and 'borderline' (bearing in mind they take a load of little bottles and test about 9 things, that is very vague and not helpful in the slightest).
She assured me the vampire nurse will be able to explain.
Fine.

So I go. It's cold. I am really well hydrated and peeing for Britain, but my hands and lips are blue. It's first thing in the morning and the surgery is cold still.

It was a nurse I hadn't seen before. I explained I was cold. She didn't really take the hint and just went for pot luck and went all the way through the vein and got a nerve. I almost threw up and used all my curse words.
About 10 minutes later when I was done shaking and sweating she offered to try again and I told her to get stuffed.

My arm and fingers felt like they were on fire for most of today.
It was horrible. My arm is purple and it bled everywhere.

The receptionist promised the doctor would ring and discuss the blood test at 4pm.
So I went home early.
I'm hoping to postpone the blood test repeated until warmer weather, to avoid a repeat stabbing.

They finally rang at 7:15 and I missed it. So Today was entirely wasted.

Work was productive.
So that's something I guess.

I did the laundry whilst I was home early.

And Traff bought us a pineapple. That was pleasing. And it was a kind gesture of cheering up.

No comments:

Post a Comment