Thursday 18 January 2018

Badbury clumps

Today SJ and I took her dogs for a rather bracing walk around Badbury clumps in Oxfordshire.
Today was my first 'day off in the week' so I was determined to do something with it!
I'm so excited for only working a 4 day week!

Usually, I would have made even more of the day but my morning was taken up dealing with the remainder of yesterday's chaos.

My GP rang to discuss my blood test results and asked if I was an alcoholic.


Not usually an opener.


To be honest I don't really drink at all. 


I was amused. Then she asked if I was pregnant. Then based on two negative responses she told me that my thyroid level had dropped so i'm now deficient in B12 vitamin, because I'm not absorbing anything very useful from my food.

All my blood cells are  huuggeeee and a bit deformed because no one realised/followed it up for almost 2 years.

Long story short, more levothyroxine, no more alcohol, b12 suppliments and more blood tests.

Fingers crossed that works because the next option is I have to inject the B12. I don't fancy that after yesterday's stabbing!

So, a good long walk was greatly appreciated and just the thing to cheer me up and clear my head!

Ray made gnocchi for dinner too so it hasn't been all bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment