Saturday 13 January 2018

Lancaster


So, I now been on my second work adventure, This time to Visit Lancaster University over 2 days. I'd never been to lancaster before, so it was a trie adventure- and I had to change trains 3 times too!

All the traveling went pretty well and I managed to re-read LittleWomen for the first time since I was about 8. I know it's a children's book but I just wanted to read it. I found a copy being thrown away from the School library in September as it hadn't been taken out since 2012. Having obtained a happy freebie I thought I should make use of it!
I didn't realise it was the first in a series of 4, so now have "Good wives" in my amazon basket ready for pay day and downloaded "Jo's Boys" on my kindle app (look at me, entering the technological age!). I also took the book of dust- the new Philip Pullman one which I regretted firstly because it's a massive hardback so I had to walk miles carrying it and secondly because I love Pullman's books and I wanted to be able to immerse myself in it without "Our next station call is Carlisle" every 15 minutes.

The Visit was really interesting and successful. I'm hoping to meet with some of the academics again in April, and I know I'm lucky to have such lovely colleagues and grant recipients!

On Thursday night we attend a poster session and prize giving which was brilliant. We loved chatting and finding out about all the cutting edge research. On Friday we attend a conference which was really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment