Wednesday 3 January 2018

Day 2

Today has been very interesting.
It started by being presented with a Noddy toy.
Apparently the newest person in the team always has it on their desk.
I received my laptop and log in details in record time so I was able to start using my email account and calendar. Sadly that's about all I was able to do as my other software isn't configured yet.
I attended team coffee, which was really interesting.
There aren't many of us on our team, only 6 of us. We're the smallest team but have the most varied work.
After coffee I had a tour with Matt and met lots of new people, sort of arranged my training schedule and learnt how to use some new software for travel bookings, timekeeping etc. All of that was pretty alien.
My department are really sweet and all go for lunch together, people from other departments on our floor come and join them too so it's been a good way to meet new people!
They were impressed with my sushi!
After lunch I had a meeting with my colleague who's role I'm taking over to go over the portfolio and discuss what the next steps are.
I'm pleased because I now have a big list of things to do tomorrow, which will keep me busy.
I'm also excited because I'm off to two meetings next week.
On Tuesday I'm going to Southampton uni with my colleague and my boss.
Then on Thursday I'm going to Lancaster with my colleague, attending a poster event, then staying overnight and attending a big review on the Friday.
This week has been.overwhelming and next week looks like it'll be exhausting but  It's certainly different.

No comments:

Post a Comment