Thursday 7 May 2015

The General Election

I have voted. Traff and I used the postal vote for ours because he works shifts and every other Thursday I work an 11 hour day so it would have made casting my vote a little bit tricky.

I will be grateful when all this election hoo-haa is over, I'm getting a bit sick of all the canvassing and cartoons- Yesterday someone rang me to try and convince me to vote conservative! haha no chance! Our post box is always full of political rubbish, we don't even bring it indoors, we take it straight to the bin.
Traff got so fed up with how much UKIP stuff he was getting he wrote and asked them to stop sending him anything, so now we just get 2 copies addressed to me!
Touche UKIP postal monkey.

I always think that politics is a very dangerous topic. I know at least when I'm at work that everyone will be a left wing voter and even with everyones political views being similar it's lead to a load of arguments!
Social media has been doing my head in too.
I just want to shake some of my friends and tell them to get a grip. you having a very one sided pop at another party as your status just because you don't plan to vote for them won't deter anyone, it'll just make them hope you stand on a plug or a lego or something for being such a total moron.

I'm not being drawn into any political discussion. I voted Green. I like their policies and they seem like they have their heads screwed on. They represent what I want for myself and for others. And yes, I know they won't get a majority but I do hope they get a few seats to counter some of very right wing representatives of other parties. At this stage I cannot see any party getting an overall majority so we're most likely in for another coalition- I'll be happy as long as UKIP get a kicking at the polls!



I'm off kickboxing later to vent some of my frustrations! I just want to know who's won now. Then I can either be relieved or lament the future of our country and plan my escape.



No comments:

Post a Comment