Saturday 2 May 2015

The food adventure

I had a right day today- I had a violin lesson this morning, but managed to leave the house without my violin and have to come back for it.
We're working on lots of bluegrass/folk stuff so thankfully it's not very technically challenging as my head was totally in the shed this morning.

When I got home Traff had tidied the whole house and was moping about with nothing to do. We had planned to go to see the forest of Marston Vale, but we took the wrong exit off the dual carriage way and ended up on a bit of a mystery tour.
We drove all round rural bedfordshire, saw lots of quaint Villages, Had a pint in a quaint put and found an even better forrest walk and we found a bric-a-brac place.
Traff wouldn't pull over to let me shop for tat.
:(

We ended up in Kempston, so we tried out "Simply Veggie". Traff has wanted to go for ages as he's fed up of eating "vegi suprime" pizzas and vegi burgers whenever we go out anywhere.


The food was awesome- It is both delicious and plentiful.
The starter was so huge I couldn't finish it- it was actually a vegan samosa but it came with a chick pea salad.
sooo many chick peas you can't even see the samosa!

I ended up leaving loads of it as I was full- and I barely made a dent in my lentil dhal main- They boxed up our left overs for us to have at home- thats my dinner sorted for Saturday!

We got home and I hadn't even taken my coat off when Traff was like "You know what I really fancy?- Coconut ice cream"
So, off we went again!
We tried waitrose and they only had coconut and lime- Tescos came up trumps but I think we'd have tried every supermarket in town until we found it. Good thing it was "second time lucky".

So, Saturday night is food coma night. TV and a nap please!

No comments:

Post a Comment