Sunday 31 May 2015

The Forest of Marston Vale

Traff has been promising to take me here for more than a year! every time we try to go we end up getting lost- well, 117th times a charm!
It's surprisingly simple to locate with the correct postcode.
In fact, it's very well signposted.

Traff got a bit tetchy when he realised there was a "visitor centre, tea room and gift shop" but I managed to restrain myself from buying any tat.

We walked all over the place- we didn't use the map we just tried to stay out of the rain- as a result of using a "path that is not a path" I have a bleeding ear. brambles! argh!

We ended up walking along the side of the railway line, where we found curly plants:

We also found a teepee made of sticks:



And some interesting views:


Round the lake we saw a kingfisher and baby moorhens, We also saw lots of baby bunnies and blackbirds.
Well worth getting covered in mud for!

Traff took some photos of me- Although, his pictures do make it look like the weather was really miserable! I've made him promise me totem poles when we have our own garden.
:D




No comments:

Post a Comment