Saturday 2 May 2015

Paddle boarding

Friday was a surprisingly good day for a paddle- the weather forecast said winds of 20 Km/h and huge grey clouds made it look like it was going to rain.
We were depleted- only Karl, Tina and I- and I didn't take the camera as I half expected to pussy out if it was really awful (That and if it's raining, all you can see is the rain on the camera lens).

We arrived, and the lake was mill pond still because of the wind shadow from the hills - the bottom of the lake was windy as there were fewer hills to cover it, So we had a good work out- but the top part of the lake was prefect for trying new things. I wished I'd brought the camera as the lake was so still you could see to the bottom- all the plants and little fish. We also saw nesting Canada geese and theres a nesting pair of swans in the reeds- not to mention that the setting sun over the lake was really pretty!

Karl tried to teach Tina how to do a step back turn- They both ended up in the lake- that is why I am the only dry person in this photo:

incidentally, I'm not sure anyone looks good in a wet suit.
:S

Here is how the step back turn should be done- incase you were curious. We just step back, lose our balance and fall off the back of the board into the water.
Super pro.


We were invited to join the race meetings on Tuesdays- I'm not sure that I'm anything like good enough to compete in a race but I'd like to see how it all works.
I'll let you know if I'm brave enough to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment