Tuesday 15 March 2016

Letters from Nomsa


I sponsor Nomsa through Plan UK- I've posted the photos she's sent me before- She writes about every 6 months but her letters take up to 6 months to arrive! This one is dated 12/15.

She doesn't have to write to me. It's a choice she makes and when she writes plan enclose a postcard for me to send back to her. I think it's really lovely that she does write as it's good to know that she's getting on OK. She wants to be a Nurse when she finishes school so I really have my fingers crossed for her and her exams. It's interesting and humbling to learn about her life. Whenever I think I have it tough I need to remember that I always have enough food and never rely on red cross food relief and I don't have to walk miles to the boar hole  when I want to wash something. I have it pretty easy really. 

My £15 per month pays her school fees, for the well in their village and a health clinic, for vaccinations for all children and for educational resources. I think it's probably the best £15 I spend every month. Nomsa would probably agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment