Sunday 20 March 2016

Afternoon tea at Claridges


Ray and I were given an afternoon tea voucher for Claridges for Christmas, Which was an extremely generous and thoughtful gift from our Godparents.

I need to thank the gentlemen who gave me his travel card at Paddington station. Thank you for saving me £15 in train tickets and having to queue! you're a real gent kind stranger.

Before going for tea, Ray and I met up with Rosie to do some shopping- I'm still after a body suit to go with my parakeet skirt. It was really ace to meet up with Rosie as I haven't seen her in far too long. I think hat is the negative effect of whatsapp and Facebook. You don't "need" to meet with people face to face any more. I am still working on seeing my friends and family more often. I refuse to live in this age of technology! I will be nan-like!

Tea was served promptly at 3:15. Unlike the Ritz, or Harrods, this was actually pretty personal. There were real hotel guests eating- not just people with tea vouchers like at the ritz and the dining room is pleasantly proportioned. it's not huge but you're not very close to the next table.

In the "league table" of afternoon teas this one has just taken the top spot. It was fresh, the tea was delicious and plentiful, the scones were mini with the option of having more if you wanted, so we weren't stuffed before the cakes. It was well thought out and it felt luxurious. We had all the time in the world and the staff were super attentive, but not overbearing. Do it! if you never eat afternoon tea anywhere else ever that will be fine.

















No comments:

Post a Comment