Wednesday 30 March 2016

Baking gluten free, lactose free, egg free, Vegan cakes with Jenny

Jenny has given me a baking lesson- in cakes I can actually eat! :D
I'm super excited about these and I'll be experimenting with making more- the texture is pretty dense... think malt loaf- but if you want all the cake action and none of the reaction then they're a pretty damn good start!
(Obviously, if they're for a real vegan, leave off the harribo sweets) Jen's top tip is to leave them in the oven until the oven has cooled as otherwise they're "gooey" in the middle which would probably be disconcerting.





I had a lovely time at Jen's eating turkish delight and giving her half my house (I've finally accepted that I'm moving house and realised that I have too much clutter- So, This week I will be getting rid of the unused, unuseful and ill-fitting items from my home. I'll still have more junk than anyone else I know but it might all fit in one van. That's the end objective anyway!)

More baking lessons please!
I will pay you in dresses and craft books!
:D

I had an awesome day and a good catch up which I needed! It's always nice to be able to spend proper time with my friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment