Monday 27 October 2014

Wales (To mooch about), Poole ( For the Lush Spa) and Chippenham (For an early Birthday tea)

On friday Traff picked me up from work and we travelled down to Wales- When we got in the car, the Sat nav suggested that we'd arrive about 5:30
Traff, ever the optimist was like "Oh, we might be in wales before 5- that'll be good as we'll beat the traffic."
Therefore, I truly believe that it is his fault we got stuck in traffic for an additional 3 hours.Having not learned his lesson the first time, he said something very similar as we drove towards Gloucester, and we immediately got stuck in a stationary queue of traffic for 40 minutes.
The lesson?
If it's a school holiday, just don't even think about going away anywhere. Because the roads will be choked up with people trying to go on holiday from like 2pm-9pm. Or, if you must go, leave your home at midnight and contend only with lorries!

We arrived at Jay's about 8- and he had kindly procured food and beverages otherwise I may have been forced to cook and eat Traff. Sooooo hungry.

Hayley, Dai, Josh and Katie also joined us on friday evening- Which was awesome! Hayley and Dai were back from Germany for a few days and Josh and Katie move to Sicily on Wednesday for 9 months- We couldn't have timed that better!
I'd gotten hold of Hayley on the off chance because she is taking ownership of my old sewing machine- so as I was in Wales I said I'd drop if off at her mums (Actually, in the chaos, We forgot the sewing machine so I'll have to take it next time!) so we were really lucky they were all free.



Katie taught Hayley and I to french plait too!

We had a really good evening catching up with everyone- Hopefully next time we'll all be in Sicily!
On a beach!
woop woop!

Traff and I went up to bed about 2 am- at 3 I got up for water and Hayely, Dai and Jay were still up talking bollocks and drinking earl grey. They went to bed about 5am, so we really didn't get up and go on Saturday!
Traff got up early and went to take a photo of the church his Grandma and Grandad got married in in the 1930s- he even found his Grandma's childhood home.
I was much less productive. I flopped about on the sofa and ate pink wafer biscuits.

By 2pm we were all (just about) awake. Hayely and Dai headed home, and Jay and I went into Cardiff to drop Traff off at James's for a boys night out.
Jay and I walked round Cardiff for a bit, then got some lunch in spoons- as soon as we got in the pub the heavens opened.
urgh
I do not miss the rain in Wales.

On Sunday morning I got up very early to drive to my parents for 10am.
I arrived just in time for a cooked breakfast (Sausage sandwiches!) before we headed off to Poole in Dorset.
(Ray almost ended up in the cross channel ferry port. but otherwise the journey was very uneventful)
We parked in the multi-storey car park by the seafront- Each level has a letter and picture so that you don't lose your car.
C- crab etc (We parked on H for "hammock"
This is the image for E-

We couldn't figure out what it was- "E is for.... Snake?" about half an hour later we were like "Oh yeah, it's an eel!" Then my mum told us about the time her brother caught an eel as a kid and put it in the fridge. Transpires they're amphibious?



We had tea and cake in a pub on the high street
Then we headed to the Lush spa!
It was amazing! Mum had "The spell" and Ray and I had the "Tailor made"- which is a brilliant deep tissue massage to sea shanties and the Captain pugwash theme tune.

https://www.lush.co.uk/shop/poole



After the massage we were served tea with rum and teeny tiny shortbread biscuits. I felt like Alice in Wonderland
.

Following the massage, we went in search of food- And found a chippy on the seafront. This is what £1.80 worth of chips should look like every time!

And when we got home, as an early birthday treat- my dad had done a "Pick and mix" Birthday tea with Crumpets and sandwiches and tunnocks teacakes- and he'd bought me a birthday farm!
:)





No comments:

Post a Comment