Thursday 16 October 2014

The tedium of being ill

I haven't posted much lately- and I apologise for that.

In honesty, I haven't had a whole lot to tell anyone about because I haven't exactly done a whole lot.

Don't get me wrong- I had a lot of plans for this week. They're just all on the back burner. I've felt rubbish since Friday last week, but was sicky-bad at work yesterday morning so was off yesterday and today.
I missed Tony and Donna's pre wedding meal yesterday night, I missed STEM, Home Ed and an opportunity to go paddle boarding. I am unprepared for the wedding on Saturday because I haven't been able to get out of the house and to cap it all I had a rubbish experience at the doctors yesterday too so spent yesterday evening truly furious.
I also discovered that I've left my debit card at a petrol station near Cheltenham some time last week, so really, it's just as well I'm sick as I can't go anywhere anyway.

All i've done for the last 2 days is watch disney films, Crochet one, solitary, African rose for my Art textiles project (13 done, 87 to go!) teach myself to french plait and sent loads of self pitying whatsapps.

The builder came to fix the fally-down bits of the ceiling, he's called Des, and he likes to talk about the 60s.
So he cheered me up a bit. Although having a solvent filled house was the trade off.
He was laughing at the worn out patch in our bathroom floor, which is exactly where men stand to pee. Excessive peeing has worn out our lino!

Traff took me to tesco this evening to try and get some shoes for the wedding. Unfortunately we were not successful.
I still need to get some black shoes to go with my green dress- I'll be running round the shops on saturday morning at this rate!

We were met with this awesome sunset when we left the house- This must be a sign that my week is improving!



No comments:

Post a Comment