Sunday 19 October 2014

Tony & Donna's Wedding

Today started with shoe shopping. I hate shoe shopping.
I realised yesterday that I don't have any black shoes. And as my dress is green It was going to be a bit of a challenge to get anything else to go with it.
On my way back from Town I got sarah to make my hair windproof for the day- which cheered me up after my miserable morning of panic shopping:

Whilst I was out Traff sorted out the Aygo as the wedding car, and we helped Tony to get ready before his big day!
*VIP*
It was a bit of a crazy rush- we all got ready in literally 20 minutes flat. I offered Tony a cuppa and he just looked at me with a panicked expression and told me there was "No time". No time for tea. we were truly that flat out.

We met everyone outside the registry office- and Tony introduced us to his Mother, Who critiqued Traff's Welsh and got chatted up by the DJ! In the end, we were there in good time so we were able to chat to the other guests and stretch our legs a bit.

I realised when we arrived at the registry office that I'd been so busy running round sorting stuff out that I hadn't eaten or drunk anything yet, so spent the wedding ceremony trying to get my stomach to growl quietly.
Everything went really well, Traff didn't lose the rings and Nick arrived just in time for the ceremony so I had someone to sit with,

After the service, we had photos outside- and the sun came out too!

Then we headed over to Elstow Village hall for the reception. They had proper pint glasses- the ones you only see in films/on Emerdale!
They're much heavier than I'd expected. Nick was laughing at me for picking it up with 2 hands. Nick and I also ate Sandy's favour before the buffet. we were hungry. and we're not sorry.

I was driving so only on the lemonaid- It didn't stop me dancing like no-one was watching! We had a brilliant night, it was such a good laugh- our only complaint is that the DJ was rubbish and kept trying to play flo-rida when we just wanted trashy 80s!







I have a kitchen full of cupcakes. I ate soooo much cake yesterday I actually don't think I can face eating any more.
I might take some to Tat's and get Traff to take some into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment