Sunday 20 July 2014

The River Festival- Sunday

Today I went into town about 11- again before it was busy- I walked through the castle mound re-enactors area and was impressed to see them camping 1940s/WW1 style- It can't have been a comfy night under canvas because it's just too humid!
I met Ayesha and Salma and we walked round the stalls- I got a free 3 day Fitness First pass, An invitation to join the Roller Derby and a free "Stand up paddle board" session next week- I'm attempting to book for Friday so that Traff can come too.
Very impressive haul, I think.

We watched the parade- and it was impressive- loads of massive carnival costumes and some floats on lorries- I think my brownies had the best float, but Ayesha like the majorettes. It was all really lovely and you could see the time and energy people had put into their floats.

After the Parade, we watched a dance group on the mian stage who were brilliant, and then we went for coffee and Brownies at Mad hatters on Castle road. It was lush to catch up with Ayesha and Salma as I don't ever seem to see them any more. They promised that we could have our own "pretend Eid" at the start of august. Ayesha wants to dress me up and do my make up- I'm not sure what the restaurant owners on Tavistock street will make of that!
She has also promised to teach me to make a traditional sweet dish- After I explained my new found love for condensed milk (Vietnamese iced coffee, it's still amazing!)

In the Evening Salma and I are going to watch the second Transformers movie at the cinema.She has promised me popcorn. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment