Monday 28 July 2014

More paddle boarding, Chimney corner, Dress fixing and They Gym

We started Today with some paddle boarding with Karl. Traff hadn't been before and Karl and I were keen to improve, so we paid for an hours hire.
As usual, Traff took to the outdoor activity like a duck to water- immediately being able to stand up and paddle along- by the end of the house the Lady who runs the sire- Emma- Was complimenting him on his turns.
Jammy Git.
I did manage to stand up and Karl was loads more confident- Both he and Traff spent more time in the lake than out of it, and apparently it wasn't too cold.

Emma let us have a bit longer on the water as no-one else wanted the kit, and it was looking stormy so they were unlikely to be too busy- We stayed maybe an extra 20 minutes but were too hungry to stay out much longer! By the time we were washed and dressed it was almost 1:30.

We left the paddle boarding and started driving home, in search of food- We stopped at a pub on th way to Amptill- Called Chimney Corner- Every time I've been past it I'd assumed it was shut- and apparently it was until they current owners took it on about a year ago (Oops, my bad!) The pub is still a bit 70s with mustard yellow ceilings, but the food is delicious and the guys who run it are lovely. I think it will be a regular stop off point after boarding!
The boys had burgers which were huge and I had hunters chicken and Mash- which was lovely. We all had pudding, and I can safely say you won't find a better Eton mess. But next time, I',m having Waffles and Ice cream!
Service was pretty "Relaxed" the mains took about 30 minutes but were very fresh and piping hot- pudding maybe took 15 minutes, again, it had clearly been freshly made and was completely worth the wait!

We left the pub about 3:30, and drove home in the rain (It's just as well we hand't booked an afternoon of paddling!).

I went to town in the afternoon to get some trim for my dress- I've pinned it on, but I haven't finished sewing it  on yet- I really wanted navy blue lace, but apparently it's "not fashionable" at the moment- I I've ended up with white lace, and it's slightly stretchy. I tried to sew it onto the bottom of the dress, but it was a bit of a nightmare as both fabrics are stretchy and slippery, so I'm going to attempt it tomorrow. Maybe by hand.
It requires soo much more mental capacity than I have right now!

When I got in from the shop, Traff was sparko so I decided to have a snack and then head off to the gym so as not to wake him up.
Today I completed my first ever bums, Legs and Tums class in a bid to let my boyfriend have a nap. It was a bit of a mistake after paddle boarding and I suspect I'll find walking difficult tomorrow!



1 comment: