Saturday 26 July 2014

Home made xmas challenge update


So, this Christmas, I will be giving only presents which I have made myself. Partly because I think it's easy to get carried away with christmas and it can end up being very expensive and materialistic, and partly for encourage myself to put time aside to learn new things.
I am now a very proficient crocheter, and a more than novice dressmaker- I have also taken on other crafts as you can see from my list below, but those two are my biggest attainments- I can now make clothes for myself from patterns of middling difficulty and I can crochet just about anything.

I now have 4 presents left to complete before the end of November- 3 of them are crochet projects and are already half completed- so that's just having the time to add to them- especially once they get big it can feel like you just can't make any progress!-  this is especially true of my Nan's blanket, the wool she picked out of beautiful but also a right royal pain in the backside!
One is a knitting project, so I've been avoiding it as I'm not so good at knitting- My knitting is neat and looks good, it's just time consuming and I don't like it as much as sewing, Crochet or cooking type projects.

The final present is for my friend who's been teaching me to crochet. I have no idea what to make for her. I think not a crochet project, but I'm just not sure what she'd really like. I have some ideas but I haven't started anything yet- but then, I have a few months yet and I'll see her right up until xmas eve so  I'm sure I'll come up with something!

I got my Kilner jars in Ikea- 2L ones so I can make lots of Vodka and baccardi again this year ready to go with presents and I've been looking for jam recipes online - And I'll make some sweets just before I give the presents- obviously, not for the people who will need their presents posting in advance, but for those who's presents I can deliver in person, I'm sure sweets or cookies would be welcome additions!

Anyway, looking at the 5 final projects, I can see I won't finish any of them in the next 3 days unless I suffer from some serious insomnia, so these are the up-to-date xmas challenge stats:

Months in: 1 (January)
Crafts tried: Crochet, Stamper making
Total items completed: 7
Presents completed: 1/25
Items started: 6

Months in: 2 (February)
Crafts tried: Sewing from a pre-made pattern, Pattern cutting, machine sewing, chocolate making, sweet making, candle making
Total items completed: 11
Presents completed: 2/25
Items started: 12

Months in: 3 (March)
Crafts tried: Soap making, Sugar craft, marbling, bath bombs, photography, silk painting
Total items completed: 16
Presents completed: 6/25
Items started: 19

Months in: 4 (April)
Crafts tried: Dress making, skirt making, tie-dye, granny square slippers, knitting, cookie making, banana bread, egg cup pincushions.
Total items completed: 40
Presents completed: 17/25
Items started 43

Months in: 5 (May)
Crafts tried: Granny square slippers,
Total items completed:41
Presents completed: 18/25
Presents started: 44

Months in: 6 (June)
Crafts tried:, granny squares, dress making
Total items completed: 41
Presents completed:18 /25
Presents started: 44

Months in: 7 (July)
Crafts tried:  Sandal making, top making, books, New dress patterns
Total items completed: 44
Presents completed: 20 /25
Presents started:46

No comments:

Post a Comment