Tuesday 4 August 2015

Apple scrumping!

Today was too windy for paddle boarding, but as Tina and I were both free we decided to take milly the dog for a walk.
I suggested we go to the community orchard and woodland in brickhill, and Tina said she'd never been! Shameful. All the apples and blackberries she's missed out on!

There were loads of apples which were ready for picking, plums; pears, sloes and damsens ready in the next week I expect. We couldn't find any figs or quinces. I'm not sure what a quince even looks like!

We managed to collect a tupaware tub of blackberries and a bag of apples which we split between us. Apparently I now need to make Traff some blackberry and apple pies.
We shall see. It's currently far too hot for cooking!

Foraging for fruit always makes me feel accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment