Monday 14 October 2013

Working late, Dim sum, the Circus, the house move and why my sister may be an important impressionist/surrealist artists. or perhaps I've spent too long at the tate.

It has been a busy week.
Very busy week.

On Thursday I had to work late- I started work at 7:30am and left at 10:30pm. with very achy feet.
Working late had a very specific purpose- We have a prospective student evening- so we got out all of our favourite things and set them up next to each other to show them off- very impressive!
I think you'll agree:

With all that foolery out of the way, I headed home on Friday evening for the very last time! My parent's have now moved out. No longer to they live in Didcot.
Or OXfordshire, for that matter.
I started packing boxes on friday night- went to bet at 11 and started again at 7 on Saturday (although I was rewarded with crumpets for all my hard work!) Dad and some of his old workmates filed up the van and took all the boxes and furniture- I was let behind to pack more boxes. It turned out to be quite a good system.
I did the same thing on Sunday.
Although my thighs hurt from all that lifting!

I was allowed a little break though- On Saturday Afternoon Kirstie and I went to London to see Circus ID (If you get the chance- GO! It's brilliant!) -Thank you Kirstie for a lovely day! :)

We had lunch in China town first- Which was awesome.
:)
I love Sushi- and in the summer discovered that I eat cooked Salmon and Smoked mackerel. I was planning to show off my fish eating excellence- but it was too cold for sushi. So we had Dim Sum.
Dim Sum is like cold weather sushi!
(although, I still don't like the texture of prawns).

We went to Covent Garden to get some afters but we were both waaayyyy too full so walked to Holborne to the theatre instead.

After the show we had Gelatto on Drury lane- It was yummy :) I had chocolate had hazelnut with chocolate and hazelnut sauce- Kirstie had bitter cherries and chocolate sauce.
I was sad there wasn't more of it.
It seemed too early to head back so we went to the Tate modern via the embankment (for future reference the nearest tube station to the Tate modern in blackfriars. not embankment.)

We looked at their poetry and Dreams exhibition- I saw some Picasso paintings! I've never seen any in real life before!
They're better than they look in books.
I liked them better than I thought I would.
I also saw (And photographed) some cool soviet propaganda photos.. now, I just need to learn Russian.

On the way to the tate we got lost and ended up walking down the back of festival hall- where we found a cheese and wine festival.
After the tate we were both hungry so we walked back that way and got a glass of prosecco each and some sauteed potatoes with french sausage and french cheese- the man on the stall said it was a regional delicacy, Although I don't imagine it's traditionally eaten sitting on the steps to the hayward gallery whilst drinking fizzy wine!
We had cake for afters too.

On Sunday, I was clearing out under the stairs and we found loads of mine and my sister's childhood "works of art".
I think she is a secret artist.
Maybe.
We couldn't stop laughing at some of them- I'm amazed the photos came out!

This is a portrait of my mum, by my sister.

This is a picture of a mole. every time I look at it I start laughing! It's soo hairy! with its helicopter arms!

And I quite like this rather rude looking giraffe- this is the only point where there was any developmental similarity in our drawing- as you'll see when you look at my beautiful green flamingoes...

This is a painting of Bras.
Children are fascinated by some weird stuff.

This is one of my sisters earlier and more impressive works entitled "rainy day"

And this is another painting which reduces me to hysterical, tear inducing laughter- "Night time". Why did anyone feel it was important to keep these for over 20 years!

My flamingoes.

You will notice that my seahorse drawing follows a similar pattern to my flamingo drawing. just with spirally bits.


This one makes me laugh too!
Bananas.
I hate bananas! they're gross!

Ray's Dircles.

And I leave you with my personal favourite! My juggles, with his balls on his head.
Traff and I spent about 10 minutes yesterday crying with laughter at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment