Thursday 31 October 2013

Rasputina

On Wednesday Traff and I went to see Rasputina at the Purple Turtle in Camden- Ray got me tickets as a Birthday present- I was super chuffed because they NEVER play in the UK.
And they were AWESOME.
:)

They were supported by another artist- Jo Quail who was also bloody brilliant- if a bit more classical than Rasputina.
Deffo a new artist to watch.

The Purple Turtle is a weird Venue- not only can you sit down to watch the band on sofas- now I am old it's something I truly appreciate- It's also super small! like 200 capacity maximum.
We seemed to have missed the "dress in as much black velvet as possible" memo- We were the most colourfully dressed people there!

They played loads of songs- old and new- I was happy that saline the salt lake queen, Secret message and Momma was an opium smoker made the set list.
Traff was delighted because they played their cover of barracuda (It's waaayyy better than Hearts Original version.)
I danced and sang all night- Unlike the vast majority of the audience who looks sullen and goth-like throughout the performance.

I bought their LP at the gig too. :)

We also made friends with some spanish girls who'd come dressed up as skeletal nuns.
Interesting look.

We drank our way to the venue- so that we could check directions on our phones not out in the middle of north london- and had a few drinks there too.
This gave us drink munchies. We had McDonalds Wedges on the way back to Kentish town Overground station (A longer walk than you'd imagine from Mornington crescent) and we had to stop off for chocolate nearer the station too- I didn't know white chocolate lion bars existed!
Delicious.
And a bit weird.
All at once.


No comments:

Post a Comment