Sunday 27 October 2013

Pre Birthday Adventures- otherwise entitles "how I was owned by my nearest and dearest friends and family"

On friday, Helen came to stay- As we have't seen her for ages we arranged for her to have dinner at mine- with Karl, Emma, Ayesha, Salma -and obviously Traff and I.
I made turkish pancakes and cous cous- 
This time I made the pancakes the same was as before- but changes the filling so this time I used with Quorn, Mature cheddar, Pepper, Fried onions, sun dried tomatoes and Garlic- I also used BBQ spices as last time they seemed a little bland but Sauce is clearly not the answer!

Traff fried them as I wrapped them- Although making 2 each for 7 of us was a real challenge! Ayesha was laughing at me saying the last time she saw a production line like this one was when she was helping make samosas for her brothers wedding.
Everyone enjoyed them though- And Helen and Karl both brought cake for us to eat for pudding- I highly recommend M&S's Sherry trifle flavour cake!

Post dinner we had sparklers!
Then we played guitar hero and listened to music- Everyone went home by 11 so it was all quite good fun.

On Saturday I hung out with Helen and went for cake from Fancy for lunch! In the evening we went for dinner at the vietnamese with Trist, Cat, Hayley, Dai, Helen, Karl, Ayesha, and Salma.
I love vietnamese food- next time though I'm having chicken fried rice- Ayesha ordered it and it was AWESOME.
Trist had spare ribs which looked pretty tasty too.
Following the dinner we went to the pub next door- and then home via Subway for midnight cookies!
Then home for more sparklers:

We stayed up until 3am (with the extra hour for daylight savings!) drinking my infused Gin, and chatting- I had an awesome evening!
I loved seeing everyone and catching up.
Honestly, at that point I didn't think my weekend would get any better.

Today, I was horribly, horribly hung over.
I got up pretty early as I had a headache and I was worried I'd end up not sleeping tonight if I stayed in bet till like midday.
Helen told me she was taking me an adventure- So I needed to dress for outdoors.
She wouldn't tell me where we were going.

So, we got in the car- and off we went- I was fussing as Trist, Hayley, Dai and Cat were still about and I didn't want to miss them heading back to Cardiff.
She took me out for the afternoon to Woboen Abbey gardens.
:)
On the way we stopped off because we were hungry- And walking down the high street we ran into my parents!
I didn't see anything odd with this at the time...


We went for lunch, then on to the Abbey grounds- We had to drive through loads of park land with deer on it!
They're huge!
It was like being on Safari


Once we'd parked we walked round the grounds- it was sooo windy with all the storms which are on their way- and it rained- the walk is largely on grass so I ended up getting quite muddy.
The gardens are beautiful though.
Especially in Autumn!



We also went to the pottery shop, exhibition and to the "sculpture gallery".
Then had a cuppa.

We headed off in Helens Renault 5. helen was like "oh, I'm going to go back on myself and drive through woboen rather than follow signs as I know the route" Which seemed pretty sensible to me.
Half way back Helen was like "I really need the loo"
So we parked in the car park of a fancy hotel in woboen- helen was gone for a few minutes. and then came back to the car and was like "You have to come and help me".
I thought that was odd, but hell, I've had my fair share of stuck zippers etc so I went with her.

We followed signs through the hotel for the loo- so that was still sensible- and the we turned the corner and I saw a woman who I thought was really pretty.
Then I realised it was Kirstie- and she was talking to Amanda!
Then we went into the function room and EVERYONE was there!
It was awesome.I was speechless.

I was whisked off to get my hair done by Sarah- who does the hednas hair- And ray confessed that Helen had taken me out for the day so that she could raid my house for clothes for me to wear and make up- and for tea pots to use as table decorations!
It was awesome!
I got dressed and went to join everyone else for afternoon tea.
:)
I've never had a surprise event planned for me before! it was really weird.

I realised when we left that Helen parked between Ray and Trists's cars and I didn't even notice!
haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment