Thursday 24 January 2013

Pakistani school partnership & letters from Africa

I'm chuffed today- it's been a long long week- and January feels like its going on forever- But it's been a good day.

I've managed to partner our school with a school in Islamabad, Pakistan.
I asked for a school very different to our own to give our students a chance to learn more about other cultures and a chance to learn about other peoples' lives.

They definitely delivered we are partnered with the Islamabad College for Girls:

http://icg.edu.pk/

Islamabad College for Girls f-6/2 was founded in May 1968 as Islamabad Model School for Girls. This prestigious education institution of Islamabad started its classes in an under-construction building without even a boundary wall and with a student population of only 64. Today, by the grace of Allah, it has a student enrollment of nearly 4,000. Initially, Islamabad College for Girls, popularly known as I.C.G. at home and abroad, had classes up to the Matric Level but was upgraded to the intermediate level in 1975 and graduate level in 1985. M.A. English classes were introduced in 1989 followed by the programme of M.Sc. in Applied Psychology. The college is affiliate with the Punjab University at the graduate and post graduate level. It is a great achievement that I.C.G has maintained its standard all along. Along with academic excellence, I.C.G. is renowned for the achievement of its students in sports, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. This premier institution of the capital houses classes from Prep to Post-graduate level in one beautiful campus and is unique in this regard. It has the privilege of grooming young girls who have gone on to become useful members of society- in fact become the backbone of the country in their roles as doctors, engineers, civil servants, teachers and mothers.

This will be exciting!
I'm looking forward to setting up this pen pall project- you never know, we might even go to Pakistan!
I hope some of their teachers are up for some twinning too! I'd love to learn more about their culture.

As if this wasn't exciting enough I had a letter from Moyo- the little girl I sponsor to go to school in Africa. She'd written me a letter in English- which was really sweet. Last time she sent me a drawing of her village.
So I will need to write her a letter back.

And, I planned an investigation into the terminal velocity of toast.

See, it's all good.
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment