Tuesday 15 January 2013

Craft number 1 - snowflake microscope slides

Yesterday I attempted this at work- I'm not quite convinced about it yet there were two influences which I hadn't considered:

1) that the temperature outside was quite warm.
2) that superglue takes AGES to set in the freezer.

I put the slides into the freezer to start with to hopefully get the snowflakes to last long enough to superglue them.

We caught the snowflakes directly onto the slides although the snow was falling quite thick so I doubt that even if we have made any slides the images will be clear.

Once the show was on the slide I glued it and put the glued slide straight onto ice- then transported them to the freezer.

After about an hour I went to check on them and took one out- I didn't realise the glue wasn't set and got it all over my hand- then when I shut the freezer door I glued my hand to it.
not so awesome.

If they do work I'll try and get some photos to post (with Traff's camera since mines bitten the dust).


These are some that other people have made online- so it is possible- maybe I need to refine my technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment