Tuesday 1 January 2013

The WHOLE 2012 survey. feast your eyes on 40 questions regarding successes, disasters and bad taste.


I didn't realise that the version of this I did before was only half a survey dammit! so, if you're feeling bored and hungover, here is the whole 40 questions for your enjoyment and perusal.

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I visited Croatia, I started circuit training, I got a vintage bike, I went to Hednas vintage night club, cooked dinner for 12..  I’ve done lots of new things this year but these we’re my favs.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, I’ve exercised more and been more healthy, had some more “me” time, and visited a non EU country.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Sarah Had her baby on newyears eve eve! All very exciting for aunty Lau and Uncle Traff.
Becky and Sarah C also had their babies so lots of cute photos and visits.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit?
Wales, Croatia, and brugge

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More Adventures!
I always have a list in my mind of 1000s of places I’d like to go and things I’d like to do- we do some of them, but I’d love to do more.
I love to go to new places and try new things! I like it even better when I can do that with my friends.

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I’m not sure- too much stuff has happened to have any truly year-defining moments- lots of exciting news (engagements, babies, weddings, courses passed etc for our friends) and lots of things that we have done and loved. I will always remember Hednas- It was so much fun and we really did have a flatful of people!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
New job! I’m so happy in my job right now and I’m so pleased that they chose to have me.


9. What was your biggest failure?

Trying to organize a trip to CERN that fell through (Although I’m going in march now so maybe not such a big diasater) but in terms of man hours lost this was a bit of a bummer!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did my back in! oops.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hednas tickets. I really love experiences and I always think that money spent on tickets or holidays is well spent.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Ooh.. too many people to celebrate! Thank you Kirstie for all our adventuring! Thanks to Abi, Hayley, Jen and Helen for their letters- nothing is nicer than a letter full of good news when you come home from work- and sometimes I get teabags and dinosaurs! Thank you to everyone who has let us share in their happiness- new jobs, new finacees, new babies- even though we’re so far away we do appreciate that you always call us to tell us!
Thank you to everyone who has made the several hour trip to see us from London, cornwall, Oxfordshire or wales- We love to see you and have you to stay- and thank you to everyone who has put us up when we've been off on a nomadic tour of the country.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I don’t think anyone’s been awful! Maybe the weather! WHY do you always rain when we’re trying to have fun?!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Car repairs. Rent.
And now we’re saving for a house, so that’s where ALLLLL our money goes.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hednas, Cardiff, Croatia, London, Christmas, everyones birthdays, snow.
I get excited about lots of things.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Lana del rey – Born to Die

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? Happier- this has been a good year.

ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter… oops.

iii. richer or poorer? Financially I feel poorer as all my money is kinda tied up but I am richer in other, more important ways.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travelling and adventures, this year my most spoken line has been “I’m sorry, I have too much work to do and I can’t”.
I also wish I’d taken more “me” time- reading books and watching films- I’ve always got a backlog of stuff to read and watch.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watching pointless TV. So distracting.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I was at my parents house. My Nan came and stayed with my sister and we all have a family Christmas. My aunt, uncle and cousin came to see us on Xmas eve too. I know I’m old fashioned but I really love a good family Christmas- Traff’s parents rang and said it was so hot in spain that they were having a bbq- and that was cool too.
I drank too much pink wine. It was awesome.
So basicly, I spent christmas drunk, in the conservatory talking bollocks to all my close family. winner.

22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Yes, with rose flavoured tea and pistachio and cardamon cake.
And I love my beautiful wife more than ever, of course.

23. How many one-night stands?
None

24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Coast. I may have a bit of a geek crush on the Scottish guy.. maybe.. sshhhhhh I also love call the midwife.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I don’t hate anyone.

26. What was the best book you read?
My sister lives on the mantle piece.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lana del ray and Mark Lanegan- especially his stuff with Isobel campbel.

28. What did you want and get
little luxuries like fancy hair stuff and perfume and my favourite moisturizer from the bodyshop. Fancy tea. yes yes.
I also got tickets (to the football, but still, its an experience, right?)

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I’m not sure- I’m not very current with films. I’ve been watching some film adaptations of some books I’ve enjoyed.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
25. hednas. Awesome. Again please! How will I top this next year?!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More sleep. More time with my boyfriend. More time with my friends and family- hey, how about I go part time and get paid the same so that I can fit in all this sleeping and visiting?!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
One of my students asked me:
“miss, do you just fall into your warderobe and wear whatever sticks?”
so perhaps that’s something to work on…

34. What kept you sane?
Traff, Friends, Family, good music, work colleagues, cups of tea (gin when tea won't do), riding my bike, vintage shopping, mr Kipling. It takes an awful lot to keep me sane now I look at it.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I only fancy the coast man.
Please don’t laugh too much.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Planned changes to my pay and pension, planned changes to my working hours and conditions. Planned changes to the curriculum which we teach to give our students less choice and less support for those who struggle, the systematic culling of the NHS, hike in tuition fees.
I hate this government.

37. Who did you miss?
I miss all my friends when I don’t see them for a while. they're awesome though- and when I do see them its like we never left off. which is really lovely. 

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Randi!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
Take it one stage at a time! Life does not have to be lived at 100mph. sometimes you just have to be patient.

I have no idea what the year 2012 will bring but I hope that with a positive attitude and determination it will be a great year. I am excited for the future

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“there’s caterpillars in Bristol”

No comments:

Post a Comment