Monday 21 January 2013

Snow day- at the tattoo parlour

Today I had the day off because of the snow- which is pretty cool!

I had a nice lie in and the plan was to go to Russel park with Si and Karl and build some snow iguanas- then to watch the batman trilogy and then to go with Traff to get his new tattoo.

That plan was shattered when tattoo place rang Traff just after 10 to ask if he could come in a 12 for his tattoo because they'd had a cancellation and didn't want to hang about all day- so I ended up rushing about like a crazy person to get ready and go out.. no nice lazy morning for me.

I met Traff in town and got breakfast in debenhams cafe (black tea and I highly recommend their fruit toast because it has cherries in and is yummmyyyy).

Then we walked to Kempston for his tattoo at Julia's tattoo parlour. its only 2.5 miles to Kempston from our house- but in the snow it just took forever! It's so slippy and the snow is quite deep and starting to freeze so I feel like I've had a real workout on my 5 mile round trip!

Traff managed to get electrocuted by a crossing- the one over cauldwell street as you come from town- I laughed at him really hard but I'm so grateful it wasn't me- we rang the council and told them to hopefully they sent someone out to fix it (we walked back on the other side of the road just in case).it's lucky is reaction are so quick.

He'd been fussing about how much getting a tattoo on his belly would hurt- apparently getting electrocuted dulls the pain of a tattoo by comparison.



This was the 1/2 way point- all the outlines and shading were done - just the colour to do- the tattoo artists was really lovely- she'd been tattooing since the 1990s so she was telling us about all the daft tattoos she's done and how she thinks tattoos have changed over the last 23 years- which was probably quite nice for Traff- took his mind off things!

She was saying that she likes to have challenging and complex tattoos to do - so when she saw traff's chosen Tank Girl image she wanted to do it- so she was glad he picked her in the end!





Ta-dah! the finished article!

Very much like Tank girl. If a bit red and swollen.

We walked back from Kempston and stopped off in spoons for some lunch- It didn't feel like we'd been out all that long but we left the house at 10 am and got home at 4! all that trudging through the snow! and the 1 hr 45 min tattoo.

So now its an evening of crappy TV- starting with count down (Which I love but suck at and Traff's amazing at- we know who the clever one is in our relationship) and it'll finish up with Celebrity Big Brother. as standard.

Traffs made himself a "nest" on the living room floor out of the summer Duvet, fabric frog and the pillows off the sofa. he's feeling a bit sorry for himself but is too manly to admit it!

On a side note- I'm slightly annoyed that the shops have easter stuff out already! it's January! we just had christmas. However, my annoyance is countered by the arrival of the "malteaster" chocolate bars. which may be my favourite.








No comments:

Post a Comment