Sunday 21 February 2016

Sewing day with Abi

Abi has a new sewing machine that is the same make as my old pink one, so she asked me to help her to set it up and teach her the basics.
When she said basics I did not think "cushion covers or bunting".
Abi did, so she was a bit perplexed when I forced her to make a 3 panel skirt with pleats and a zip closure.
I also taught her to make a shift dress with basic bust darts.
I was really impressed with her enthusiasm once she'd recovered...
I also made a shift dress along with abi to show her how to do the darts. I made my xmas Kaftan that Abida bought me and I repaired my moroccan hareem pants.
All in all I think that constitutes a very productive day.
More sewing please!
I also blew the fuse on my own sewing machine.  Urgh. To homebase for fuses!



No comments:

Post a Comment