Friday 19 February 2016

Paddle boarding- the first session of 2016

I have been sooooo excited for getting out on the water- every time it's not bee super windy since the end of December I've been texting Emma to see if we can go out on the lake.. on one occasion there was ice. I do need to be better at considering temperature not just wind speed.

It was still windy today- not the worst weather we've ever bee out in but certainly tougher than I would have liked after a break of almost 4 months.
I struggled to even get the board in the water because the wind just kept taking it! Once I was out it was fine- choppy but not so bad it would throw off your balance.

The two things I really hadn't factored in were:
1) How quickly you lose fitness- 15 minutes in and I had a stitch and my arms were hurting from paddling against the wind!
2) How quickly you get gold once bits of you have been in the water- after about 40 minutes I couldn't feel my feet or fingers any more!

It was really good, I enjoyed myself and I feel like I've had a good work out- Going on my own was OK too- it was actually just what I needed after having such a crazy people filled week. That isn't to say I haven't loved every second of everyones company it's just that I do like to have some alone time, I can't believe it never occurred to me before that paddle boarding would be a really good way to get it.









No comments:

Post a Comment