Saturday 27 February 2016

London

Today I went to London with my nan. 
We went for a walk around hyde park and to the Diana memorial fountain. 










She showed me the serpentine bridge where she used to do PT when she was in the army telephone exchange in the 50s and her old barracks at the top if museum road. They're fancy flats now.

She showed me where they used to live in the royal muse and when my grandad worked for the palace as a groom where he used to pick up anf drop off diplomats in the carriage drawn by the horses he looked after at the Royal Mews. and then told me about my Great Aunt who was posted in Singapore in the 50s (At the age of 18!).
There is so much I just didn't know about my family history. Nothing "major" just anecdotal family history.

We then headed over to Harrods and mooched around the for hall. My Nan tried to convince me to buy my Dad a harrods birthday cake- A teeny tiny cupcake sized one costs £10!
If I was made of money I would have bought home one!



After Harrods we headed back to Victoria on the bus and had lunch at the Balls Brothers restaurant. That was an excellent choice as my Nan won't eat anything "foreign" and I prefer not to eat fish and chips. A happy balance. I had a flat bread and she had her fish supper! Everyone was delighted!


No comments:

Post a Comment