Saturday 22 November 2014

Violin Tuition, Xmas shopping and Christmas wrapping

Today has been a weird day- It started when I was woken up by a text message from a friend trying to organise a xmas get together (Before 8am!) I'd really like to take this opportunity to appologise to anyone I've ever text waaayyy before their get-up time.
I know I can be forgetful of the time especially i the week- I am usually in work by 7am, ready to start at 8 and my first break is at 9:15am- I forget that most normal people do not keep these hours.

I mooched about a bit before my Violin lesson- This time it was loads better- Ellie and I played some Jig and Reels, which incidentally are my favourites and then we played some christmas carols including "god rest ye merry gentlemen" which is another favourite! (Well, it's a favourite to play as my violin has a really lovely resonance on the lower strings, not really a favourite to sing).
At the end of the lesson we has a chat- I said I was gutted that the lesson last week had gone so badly- I'd gone home and told Traff I was disappointed with myself- She laughed and said she'd spoken to her husband after the lesson and been excited that once I find me feet we'd have really good fun playing some duets and folky stuff- in fact, she was so excited she went out and bought a load of new music!
I'm not seeing her again until the end of December now, but that'll give me some time to practice and improve.
It will also give my fingers a chance to unblister.
Ellie was staying in India the sitar players coat the ends of their fingers with henna when the blister to help them toughen up, The standard in the UK is turpentine. If I find any at work I might dunk my fingers, otherwise I'll take the pain.

I got in and Traff was trying to remove the little minnow for the filter- for the 3rd day in a row- we've got rid of his big tank and put him into a goldfish bowl- he'll have enough oxygen as he's only tiny and a chance to get over his filter ordeal. He could probably fit behind it before but he's doubled in size since we got him.

I left traff to sorting out the fish and went into town to finish off all my xmas buying, Ray was at her wits end trying to find a handbag for Nanna, I did manage to find one in TK Maxx so I was pleased with that!
I also managed to get some bits to add to Ray and Mum's presents and all of Traff's xmas present too!

All the presents to be delivered on the 28th and wrapped and ready to go, and all the ones to be posted are boxed up and labelled to go at the start of December.
:D
So far, so good.



No comments:

Post a Comment