Tuesday 18 November 2014

Ok, you can stop laughing at any time..

On Sunday I spent most of the day marking students exam papers ready to return them on Monday. I was watching stuff on TV at the same time so was working sat on the floor so that I could see, and all hunched over.
By Sunday teatime my back was really sore, but I figured it wasn't really a massive issue- I just thought it'd sort itself out.
By bedtime it was really painful.

I was up half the night with the worst headache I have ever experienced, and called into work poorly on Monday.
about mid morning Traff convinced me to phone the doctors- and I did manage to get an emergency appointment in the evening. It transpired that I'd trapped a nerve in my back and it had gone into spasm- which is what caused my tension headache and why I could no longer turn my head or move my arms above shoulder height.

So, Tramadol and Diazepam for me for the next few days to keep the pain at bay and try and get the muscles to relax.

I've had tramadol and diazepam before- separately- and I know that both reduce me to a totally useless mess.
Together they remove most of my balance and ability to use my words.
Whilst thats been reasonably amusing two days of me stumbing about and getting everything in a muddle, I have a feeling my return to work will be very interesting.

So, the take home message from this:
I have a serious marking injury! homework is dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment