Wednesday 10 September 2014

Work, leaves, Pasta and The Bake off

Today at work we found some Chemicals that are younger than me- Only by 3
 days mind- but still younger!

I am no-longer officially they youngest in my department. This carbon power is.
Maybe I'll carry it in my pocket and differ to it whenever anyone reminds me of my age.

That said, I'm still feeling old today- I had a bit of a google doc related nightmare- I got sent a word document as an email attachment and opened it on google docs.. and now somehow all 4 pages of text and on one page.
That can be a job for IT tomorrow.
"My email account ate this form for RAL- can you make it better please because I know from the email that I was supposed to return it filled in yesterday, but it's sort of filled itself in... with itself?"

I'm still totally snotfaced and by the end of the day I was out of lemsips- I spent a portion of the morning making important phone calls- I'm so bunged up that half the companies I called thought I was phoning from abroad!
Ah well, it made me laugh.
I was supposed to go paddle boarding but I don't think a dip in the lake will improve my current situation.
Instead I went to Wilkos for more of their excellent super strength lemsip stuff (It's like £1.50 for 10 and they really do work like a dream!) and as a reward for doing all that walking whilst feeling rubbish I promised myself a M&S Pasta pot for dinner- My favourite ever since my work experience at M&S in 2002 is the pesto, spinach and pine nut pasta bows.
There cannot be a better dinner than pasta and pesto.
So, I finished my shopping, headed to M&S got to the sandwich section and there was nothing there. the snacky sandwich lunchtime shelves were empty. I was gutted as I am poorly and deserve to eat my favourite foods (I don't think I can blame this weight gain on the spade..) but went in search of a pizza instead- Lo and behold what should be in the pizza fridge but the very pasta salad I was after.
:D
Usually I avoid "put backs" but today I feel sure it was divine intervention.
I even found some autumnal leaves to rustle through on the way home!

The next issue really was that my nose is so bunged up the choice is "starve or suffocate". I'm really not a "starve" kind of gal.

I'm super excited for the bake off, but gutted that Norman has gone as he was always my fav- Chetna for the win now please!

No comments:

Post a Comment